Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekend Away

Several friends and I descended upon the magical, far away land of Portland, OR for the Seventh Annual Vampire Masquerade Ball. I will start with I love my friends dearly and could not have made it without them. Thank you for the Vitamin H2O and the Cheez-its. I probably would have landed in the ER without the electrolytes and nourishment. Thank you for picking up the tabs on the imbibes and eats, even if both tried to kill me. (I should also add, I am still alive, but on a daily dose of pain killers and I am pretty sure the internal bleeding has stopped, but the daily pain is stating to bore me.) Yeah, it was one of those weekends. I'm going to leave the drama of smarting a toe and ankle, eating 1.5 sick cheese blintzes. Alas, it was the tasty salad that took my lunch money. What was I thinking?!?! I will also check the personnel drama at the door as not to offend anyone.


In the beginning, I thought the ball was a pile of suckage, because I felt like hell on toast my attitude was complete crap. I was corrected by my peeps: the ball itself was actually pretty lame this year. The music was pleh, the emcee made me want to impale myself, the stage performers were more high drama than network television. Alas, the attendees were stunning! Damnear everyone was incredibly dressed, especially those at our table. Our group was spectacular!!


It was wonderful to see Larry, Deb and Leslie again. I'm totally bummed it was only for a few, short hours. We have agreed to do Portland in style next year, sans the VMB.
After all was said and done and I was sitting in my tiny, airline seat on the return flight, when I was accidentally punched in the head by a flying waitress and given no apology for it. Keep one eye open when flying these days, you never know when napping will turn into a case of fisticuffs.

No comments: